How Ocon manipulate the FIA decision over Magnussen’s damaged front wing

A tricky radio message from Esteban Ocon seems to have impacted the FIA over Kevin Magnussen's harmed front wing.

Esteban Ocon

The Haas driver connected with Lewis Hamilton during the initial lap of the race which seemed to twist his front wing. Magnussen talked with his designer yet was informed they found it was not having any effect on execution thus he would have no need to pit for another front wing.

In any case, not long after, Magnussen was waved the dark and orange banner by the stewards which requested him to get back to the pits and fix the harmed part. This, alongside a Virtual Safety Car two or three laps later, successfully finished Magnussen's race who had performed well on Saturday to begin P5.

Magnussen said the harm "was nothing" and that he didn't get the decision by the FIA yet it might have been a radio message by one of his rivals that impacted their choice.

On the TV broadcast, Ocon was heard let his specialist know that he accepted the piece could fall and was hazardous.

"Better believe it, I can see it's holding tight, it will fall. Assuming that he loses it, I will smack it in the face," Ocon said.

In any case, Magnussen uncovered Ocon had come dependent upon him after the race chuckling saying he expressed that to impact the FIA.

"I was simply conversing with Ocon now and he was kidding the way in which he let the FIA know that it was genuinely awful," Magnussen said, as announced by Motorsport.com.

"Assuming you realize you can impact the FIA like that, you will make it happen, right? Which he kind of did, and fair play.

"However, you must allow us to drive with that s**t, it's nothing. I just had a touch of contact, nothing serious. Scratched my front wing a smidgen and afterward was told to pit."

It was the second time in as many races a dark and orange banner was displayed with Yuki Tsunoda requiring fixes to his DRS fold in Baku yet Magnussen accepts drivers ought to be permitted to continue ahead with it.

"The vehicle was fine," he said. "The front wing was protected, it was not severed.

"Recollect Jeddah last year, Lewis Hamilton came out on top in the race with a portion of a front wing, which I believe is right. Allow us to race in the event that we would be able.

"It seems like abruptly altogether different. In Monaco they don't begin us since it began sprinkling, and afterward here I'm brought in on the grounds that I have a scratch on my front wing."

Post a Comment

0 Comments