Guenther Steiner said the form of Romain Grosjean which showed up on target relied upon whether he was on a fortunate or unfortunate 'Romain day'.
Grosjean enjoyed five seasons with Haas from when they entered Formula 1 back in 2016, with he and Steiner striking up a long working relationship as driver and group head.
The Frenchman was a 10-time platform finisher upon his landing in the American group, however he wouldn't have the option to add to that count in vehicles which generally ran in the midfield in his time there - his best wrap up being a P4 return at Austria in 2018.
Yet, among the highs were likewise a few lows as far as driving exhibitions, some of which left his previous manager bewildered regarding how his structure had the option to vary such a great amount once in a while - in any event, begetting a term for it.
"I would agree so," Steiner told Formula 1's Past The Matrix digital recording when inquired as to whether he believes he got the best out of Grosjean as a driver by and large.
"Romain, I mean, we as a whole realize that he is an excellent driver on a decent Romain day, however he can be an exceptionally terrible driver on an awful Romain day, you know.
"Well, I believe that is his personality, you know. That is to say, some of the time you think when he drove for us is 'how could he do this?'
"A quali lap, he could put a dazzling lap down, and afterward once in a while as we had it, you know, in Baku, when he turned out from no place, it's like, how could he do that? You know, going to the lattice in Brazil winding up in there is like, Romain, how could he do that? It's something similar.
"Positive or negative, it's only one of these things. It's Grosjean-ing, you know?"
The arrival of long-term colleague Kevin Magnussen to Haas in time for 2022 then prompted the unavoidable development of whether Grosjean had been considered for a Formula 1 return when Nikita Mazepin's takeoff was affirmed, yet Steiner made sense of that his legally binding circumstance in IndyCar had quite recently been secured past the next year with Andretti Autosport.
However, when moderator Tom Clarkson brought up that Magnussen had the option to escape an agreement in sportscar hustling with Peugeot to get back to Haas, Steiner countered: "I think it was different in light of the fact that Romain, he needed to roll out an improvement of life, and I got to know Romain throughout the long term pretty well, so I realize he needed to roll out an improvement of life.
"He took all his family to the States, he had an arrangement for his life. However, Kevin I knew, it's Kevin, you know, he didn't have a genuine arrangement. You know, he was living - so he was getting a charge out of life.
"Romain had an arrangement and he had this agreement with Andretti which he was extremely glad for, a long term agreement with Andretti, he needed to go to the States, do IndyCar. He did IndyCar previously; he was extremely certain.
"I said, I don't figure I can convince him to follow through with something, it would have been troublesome."

0 Comments