David Coulthard has told Sergio Perez to "investigate every possibility" as the presence of Daniel Ricciardo looms over him at Red Bull.
The Mexican might have substantiated himself the most proficient possibility to possess the Red Bull seat close to Max Verstappen, however an appearance late in 2022 brought question marks over Perez's future.
The driver with the fourth most wins in Red Bull's set of experiences, Ricciardo, got back to his previous group as the third driver following a troublesome two-year spell at McLaren.
While Red Bull have demanded Perez's seat is protected with his agreement set to end at the finish of the 2024 season, having a driver as skilled and experienced as Ricciardo in the enclosure might demonstrate an undesirable strain for the Mexican particularly as he keeps on being outflanked by Verstappen.
Exclusive who understands what it is prefer to have an extreme colleague to contrast yourself with is Coulthard, who has had any semblance of Mika Hakkinen and Kimi Raikkonen on the contrary side of his carport.
Coulthard said the main thing Perez can do is to "investigate every possibility" with regards to his planning.
"Having been experiencing the same thing to Sergio where I was facing Mika and facing Kimi," Coulthard told media including PlanetF1.com, "you've quite recently got to investigate every possibility.
"Actual preparation, mental preparation. The main way he can further develop his passing rate is in the vehicle or in the test system however in the recreated world, there's no agony, there's no result. You must be out on target.
"They're restricted in how much track testing they could do yet given the way that Red Bull took him from fundamentally retirement from Formula 1, on the grounds that no other person needed him, and afterward he's been given this foundation of a vehicle that is fit for winning, I figure I would have been out in an old age of vehicle the entire winter testing and putting away my cash to simply be preferable over when I completed the season."
Coulthard said Perez can't anticipate entering the new season with a similar disposition and anticipate an alternate outcome and said that something needs to change.
"Max is a benchmark, I question a lot of anybody can be speedier than him," Coulthard expressed. "Yet, the consistency of the incredible drivers are only ready to do it endlessly time once more.
"Checo needs to take a gander at the number of triumphs that Maximum had and the number of he had and check the season out. Dislike he's simply cleaning a couple of corners. This resembles a significant revise, right? This resembles a product update.
"In the event that you utilize similar elements for the cake, you will obtain a similar result. You must change it in the event that you need something else."
With Ricciardo back at the group, Coulthard cautioned Perez not to allow the Australian an opportunity to show how great he is.
"Watch out for his wellbeing and wellness," Coulthard said how Perez should fight off Ricciardo. "Try not to pull a sickie some place.
"At the point when I was in the McLaren, I completed nine years there and I did each test and never missed a race in any event, when I felt horrible, in any event, when I was escaping the vehicle and being debilitated.
"Since I realized the moment I let the test pilot get in the vehicle, it offered him a chance to show how great he was. So I didn't allow him to get in the vehicle. He could talk the entire day, yet he was unable to invest a lap effort. So you must safeguard your domain.
"It's the old Jerry Maguire line - this isn't show companions it's the entertainment biz."

0 Comments