Daniel Ricciardo said he doesn't think back on his Red Bull exit with lament, despite the fact that it has not precisely paid off.
As pressures rose among he and Max Verstappen, Ricciardo settled on the choice to leave Red Bull toward the finish of 2018, the Aussie having joined the group in 2014 following his graduation from Toro Rosso.
In any case, stretches that followed with Renault and McLaren saw Ricciardo battling in the midfield for the larger part, bringing only one race succeed at the 2021 Italian GP with McLaren.
However, with in general lackluster showing stopping his McLaren vocation, it would be completely justifiable assuming that Ricciardo thought back to that choices to leave Red Bull and considers what could have been, the group having facilitated to a title twofold in 2022.
For reasons unknown, however, there is no feeling of disappointment, Ricciardo remaining by his decision to take a "bet".
Asked on the Past the Network web recording assuming he contemplates what could have been at Red Bull, Ricciardo answered: "I don't gaze at it in such a way, since nothing is certain.
"Assuming I remained there the most recent four years, might I at any point say I could have had more platform than I've had? What have I had, perhaps three or something to that effect? No doubt, I'm sure to say I would have had more platform than I've had.
"Be that as it may, you simply don't have the foggiest idea. Clearly at the time I felt like it was appropriate for me. I felt like I really wanted a change and I expected to sort of eliminate myself a piece. Assuming I proceeded [at Red Bull], could that desire have developed? Could I have turned into, suppose, more inquisitive or less blissful, or no big deal either way?
"It's anything but a slam dunk that it would have been perfect assuming I remained. I don't think back and say, 'Man, I shouldn't have [left]'. In any case, obviously, I can be straightforward with myself and say, 'Definitely, I took a tad of a bet on myself'.
"I actually feel like the Renault move was very great, particularly 2020 - that was perhaps of the best season I've driven in F1. To get the group back on the platform, I was exceptionally pleased with that.
"In any case, clearly the McLaren one, even with the success… the success was a high and I can't eliminate that, I can't overlook that. I can look and say, 'I attempted too with this one and it didn't exactly end up working'.
"You live and you learn, however I don't think back with lament. I simply say, 'OK, it was a test I took on, and it didn't figure out how I trusted'."
Daniel Ricciardo might find that his vocation completes the cycle
Somewhat, it as of now has, since he is currently back under agreement with Red Bull as a hold driver following his McLaren exit.
We are not planned to see the Honey Badger time and again however, as he might be at a small bunch of races in 2023, with media and promoting making up a huge piece of his job.
Regardless, there could be an opening in the Red Bull line-up throughout the following couple of years. Sergio Perez is contracted for the rest of 2024, yet it is never simple facing Verstappen, and there are still question marks over their relationship after the Brazil shows.
In this way, regardless of whether Ricciardo feel like he really wants a shot at reclamation with Red Bull, he might get it at any rate.
0 Comments