Sebastian Vettel was voted Driver of the Day

On his 299th and - most likely - last F1 start, Sebastian Vettel was casted a ballot Driver of the Day as he scored his 3,098th point in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Sebastian Vettel

The German completed tenth at Yas Marina and, incidentally, it was the late DNF of his old opponent Lewis Hamilton that empowered Vettel to leave away with some prize before he takes off into an extremely durable retirement of his own - excepting, obviously, a Fernando Alonso-style rebound.

Vettel's wildly serious side stayed in salvageable shape right until the end as he pursued his previous Red Bull colleague Daniel Ricciardo for 10th spot - and subsequently communicated lament that he had not figured out how to gather an additional point that would have lifted his Aston Martin group above Alfa Romeo into 6th situation in the Constructors' Title.

The 35-year-old addressed Jenson Button on the lattice subsequent to playing out certain doughnuts before the principal grandstand, joining platform finishers Max Verstappen, Charles Leclerc and Sergio Perez for the typical parc ferme interviews.

"You know about the way things are, I wish it would have been a couple more focuses," said Vettel, who completed only 0.63sec behind Ricciardo and had scrutinized the one-stop methodology he had been given over group radio during the grand prix.

"Be that as it may, I partook in the race. I think it was somewhat of an alternate warm-up today to get into the race yet when the lights go off, it's all out race mode.

"I think we clearly didn't go for perhaps the best methodology. So it was a disgrace since I figure we might have turned the Constructors' title around for us."

Vettel then, at that point, reflected upon an earth shattering vocation which brought 53 wins yet only one starting from the beginning of 2019, which had prompted extended considerations about the ideal opportunity to tap out.

"I had a decent fight with Daniel however couldn't draw sufficiently near," he added.

"Yet, I think it was decent likewise with him to battle the last two or three laps and the two of us to complete in the places.

"It's been a major end of the week. I feel a piece unfilled, frankly. I can rehash, I think the most recent two years have been exceptionally frustrating according to a brandishing perspective yet extremely valuable and critical to me in my life.

"I believe it's a gigantic honor being in the position we are in and with that comes some liability, so I desire to give a smidgen to different drivers to continue a portion of the great work."

Tending to the group, he added: "Thank you for the messages, the letters and all the adoration overall. I will miss that, yet it's been a flat out bliss all through my profession."

Post a Comment

0 Comments