Daniel Ricciardo kidded that he requested a more brutal lattice punishment during the current end of the week in Abu Dhabi, thinking he drives quicker when he's had some type of punishment.
This is regarding his new resurgent drive in Mexico City, when he defeated a 10-second punishment and made a lot of overwhelms in a very much procured seventh-set finish the month before.
However he completed higher up in Singapore, Mexico was apparently Ricciardo's best drive of the time up to this point, taking the 'best of the rest' mantle behind the front-running Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes drivers.
He resigned from last end of the week's Sao Paulo Grand Prix anyway after first-lap contact with Kevin Magnussen, labeling the rear of the Haas on his way into Turn 8.
As the Dane rolled in reverse, the McLaren driver couldn't keep away from a second piece of contact which put the two drivers out of the race, with Ricciardo consequently given a three-place lattice punishment for Abu Dhabi this end of the week for being tracked down to blame for the impact.
He kidded that the punishment maybe ought to have been crueler however, in the event that it delivered more speed once again from him.
Addressing media including PlanetF1 in front of the end of the week, Ricciardo said: "I feel better. No doubt, intellectually I'm not dealing with it like it will be my last at any point race, however it very well may be.
"Like, I realize that nothing's surefire later on, so I'm only sort of going out to appreciate it. I won't get as well, suppose, profound about it about the prospect that 'goodness, is it the final remaining one' or not, yet I would like to appreciate it and simply take it for what it is.
"I got a network punishment. I typically go better when I have punishments, so I really looked for a five-place punishment, however three will do!"
Ricciardo is participating in what will be his last race end of the week in Equation 1, for the present in any event, with the Australian set to pass on the 2023 season.
He affirmed he stays in talks over a third driver job to save his hand in the game for the following year, yet his arrangements are not yet settled.
When inquired as to whether further headway had been made with respect to 2023, the active McLaren driver answered: "Indeed, yet nothing's affirmed. So we'll see.
"Better believe it, ideally you can see my attractive features again one year from now somewhat."

0 Comments