Alpine boss Otmar Szafnauer is presently confidient that Oscar Piastri will be on the Formula 1 grid in 2023.
Piastri reproduced the accomplishment of both Charles Leclerc and George Russell before him, that being bringing home the Formula 3 championship, or GP3 as it was known then for Leclerc and Russell, and afterward the Formula 2 crown in consecutive seasons.
The likenesses halted however when it came to the move forward to Formula 1, Piastri unfit to track down an opening on the matrix for 2022 regardless of his support from Alpine.
Committed however to putting that right for 2023, Szafnauer presently anticipates that Piastri should be in Formula 1 from next season.
Asked by columnists in Canada assuming he figures Piastri will be on the lattice in 2023, Szafnauer answered: "Yes."
Anyway, was that without a doubt? Does Piastri have an arrangement currently set up?
"We don't discuss the subtleties of our agreements with the drivers and that is something that we never do," Szafnauer answered. "So however much I might want to tell you, I don't figure I can.
"In any case, when I in all actuality do say OK, that is the arrangement."
The future opening which Piastri has been tipped to fill will be over at Williams, the Grove outfit accepted to plan to get him as a trade for the striving Nicholas Latifi.
Williams group manager Jost Capito has reliably thumped back ideas that his group could make a mid-season driver change, however while Szafnauer has no insider information on the thing Williams are arranging, he didn't preclude the chance of Piastri dashing in Formula 1 preceding next season.
"It's difficult for me to anticipate the future on that, so I'd like not to, yet I have no more information than you do," said Szafnauer.
"In the event that I could foresee the future, I'd be in Vegas. Be that as it may, I wouldn't preclude it."
Formula 1 is as of now in Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, Latifi's home race, where Sky Sports F1's Ted Kravitz reaffirmed the hypothesis that Piastri's 2023 change to Williams could be affirmed at the British Grand Prix, which follows Canada.
"Elevated are anticipating that Piastri should have a race drive in Formula 1 one year from now," he provided details regarding his Ted's Notebook program.
"Everybody believes it's Williams and it might really be declared as soon as the following race at Silverstone."
Concerning the ideas that Piastri could supplant Latifi before 2023, Kravitz made sense of that such a move from Williams is improbable.
He said: "Certain individuals think before 2023, yet I don't figure they would believe should do that. How could they believe should do that? Particularly when Nicholas Latifi is working out positively right now and not placing it in the obstructions and costing the group huge amount of cash."

1 Comments
That's going to be very controversial now 🤣
ReplyDelete