Lewis Hamilton said he did not find it frustrating to have been stuck behind both Alpine drivers

Lewis Hamilton said he didn't find it disappointing to have been stuck behind both Alpine drivers at various places of the Monaco Grand Prix.

Lewis Hamiltion

The Mercedes driver found himself cooped up behind Esteban Ocon after his refueling break, having in no time gotten him up when on quicker middle elastic, bringing in the Frenchman by about seven seconds in just two laps.

Hamilton made a solid attempt to track down a way by, sending his Mercedes up within the Alpine at Sainte Devote, yet couldn't take the action stick as Ocon went to the summit.

The seven-time previous World Champion guaranteed Ocon had gone in to him at the corner, which brought about front wing harm for Hamilton, and the Alpine driver was in this way allowed a five-second time punishment for causing an impact.

However, after the Safety Car restart following Mick Schumacher's accident, Hamilton ended up behind the sister Alpine of Fernando Alonso until the end of the race.

He had the one-two punch of not exclusively being not able to move beyond his previous partner, yet Alonso was likewise lapping around three seconds for every lap more slow than his vehicle could oversee with an end goal to back up Hamilton towards Ocon for his Alpine associate to attempt to pass the Briton.

However, hamilton let it be known had not been a very smart arrangement for him.

"Who can say for sure who I could have had the option to have hopped? I don't have the foggiest idea," Hamilton told Sky F1 after the race.

"I don't… truly I've not seen what was conceivable yet it certainly didn't resist being stuck behind both."

Such was the level of Alonso's administration of speed, he fell over 30 seconds behind Lando Norris ahead and the double cross previous World Champion wound up making a huge chain of vehicles that extended the entire way to the rear of the field.

That empowered the four chiefs to lap a few backmarkers come the finish of the race, yet Hamilton was left pull and stuck P8 until the end of the race - yet he didn't get irritated by what had occurred.

"Truly, I didn't think that it is disappointing," said Hamilton. "It was exactly what you expect here in Monaco and I knew once I qualified behind one of them, it would be something to that effect.

"I was trusting the downpour would open up certain valuable open doors however it didn't work this end of the week. So you live and you learn and continue on."

Hamilton's colleague George Russell kept up his run of completing in the best five at each race this season, while Sergio Perez won without precedent for 2022.

Post a Comment

0 Comments