Damon Hill says he doesn't see Fernando Alonso doing the change to a top group after the Spaniard said he would be available to being a subsequent driver in the event that it implied race wins.
With talks set to start on expanding Alonso's Alpine agreement, which is expected to terminate toward the finish of the 2022 season, the double cross previous World Champion's future in the game has been the subject of hypothesis as of late.
Regardless of being 40 years of age, he has given not many indications of a reducing of the ability that procured him his two titles and had it not been for a run of misfortune as well as vehicle dependability issues, he would be a lot higher than fifteenth in the Drivers' standings.
In front of the Spanish Grand Prix, Alonso uncovered he might want to trade groups and, surprisingly, be a subsequent driver in the event that it put him into conflict for race wins again.
"No doubt, certain," he affirmed when inquired as to whether he would assume the test of being somebody like Max Verstappen's partner. "I think toward the day's end there are very few number one, number two drivers in any group at this moment.
"Every one of the groups need the two drivers to cooperate and to work on the vehicle, particularly with the new guidelines.
"You actually become familiar with each lap you do and you need to pursue a superior vehicle, a superior bundle. So we should find out what are the conceivable outcomes into the following couple of years."
Yet, Hill has smothered an expected move and questioned whether any top group might want to take the Alpine driver.
Slope was asked on Sky Sports F1 whether he thought a move was on the cards for Alonso to a top group and his response was a dull "no".
"Please accept my apologies to say I simply believe it's the speculation you want," the previous Williams driver said. "How long is it [the contract] going to be for? One year? Two years?
"In the long run the clock will call Fernando's time and it happens to everybody. You would rather not just own it. "
Slope added: "However of each of the drivers I've seen, I've never seen anybody completely dedicated as he is the entire way through each lap he does. Each passing meeting for each race. He's fabulous."
Alonso himself has said a conviction he can accomplish a third World Championship is the reason he continues to race.
"I suspect as much," Alonso told Sky F1 when inquired as to whether a third World Championship is inside his capacities. "That is the reason I continue to race, you know?
"There is still generally the expectation that one year you will have the bundle and you will have the, you know, everything together to battle for the title. I actually feel cutthroat and I'm quick."

0 Comments