Colton Herta has named dashing in Formula 1 as a "serious desire" of his, having marked a testing manage McLaren recently.
The IndyCar driver will be able to test the 2021 McLaren later in the year close by some test system work at the group's plant, and his name has been doing the rounds as a possible substitution for Daniel Ricciardo when his agreement lapses with the group after the 2023 season - would it be a good idea for him he wind up leaving.
Herta hustled in Europe close by Lando Norris in their young years before the American headed back Stateside for his ascent to IndyCar, and he said already that a transition to Formula 1 with Alfa Romeo in 2022 was "closer than individuals know", before Michael Andretti's proposed takeover of the group failed to work out.
The 22-year-old, IndyCar's most youthful at any point race champ, talked about his expect to race in various series across the motorsport range, however Formula 1 is right up there for him.
"It is a significant desire of mine," Herta told the F1 Nation webcast. "There's a ton of things that, you know, when I am finished dashing, I need to have the option to say that I did. What's more, Formula 1 is high on the rundown for something, correct?
"I needed to get to IndyCar, I needed to get to the Indy 500, I actually need to win the Indy 500 clearly, which I haven't done at this point.
"There's a major rundown of various races, occasions, series that I need to be a piece of, and Formula 1 is certainly higher up on the rundown than a ton of things."
Herta uncovered that he will throw a tantrum in Woking in June in front of his trial later in the year, yet wouldn't agree when that will formally happen.
He was in participation at the Miami Grand Prix last end of the week, and he trusts that regardless of whether a transition to McLaren emerge from now on, he can cause a stir in the enclosure that could see him advance into Formula 1 as soon as possible.
"You realize I need to be in F1 eventually in my profession, and clearly time is fundamental for that, so being vital to work effectively in the test and ideally open a few doors is going.
"All things considered at this moment, I don't have a race seat, I don't have an agreement for one, so anything can occur.
"That's what i'm trusting in the event that this doesn't prompt anything with McLaren, it gets individuals talking a smidgen. Perhaps it will open an entryway in the event that I can go speedy enough in the vehicle."

0 Comments