Charles Leclerc said he lost the brakes in the classic Ferrari

Charles Leclerc said he "lost the brakes" in the exemplary Ferrari, prompting his accident at the Monaco Historic Grand Prix.

Charles Leclerc

Leclerc had been on an exhibit run in Niki Lauda's 1974 Ferrari 312 B3, taking the exemplary challenger for a twirl around the roads of Monte Carlo, however that wound up turning out to be excessively strict.

The flow Ferrari driver would lose the back of the 312 B3 as he entered La Rascasse, making harm the back wing upon a weighty whack of the obstruction.

After he got rolling once more, Leclerc would grind to a halt on the pit straight, where he found ex-Ferrari driver Jacky Ickx, who had been on a demo run in his Ferrari 312 B2 from 1972.

At that stage, Leclerc cleared up for Ickx what had turned out badly for him in the 312 B3.

As cited via Autosport, Leclerc told Ickx: "I lost the brakes. I lost the brakes!

"I slowed down, the pedal was hard, and it went to the floor.

"I was fortunate to have it at that point, since, supposing that I had it at somewhere else, it was no decent… the issue is that I got frightened. I showed up ordinarily in the corner."

In spite of Monaco being home turf for Leclerc, he has never partaken in the best of karma there with regards to getting in the driver's seat of a hustling vehicle.

In 2021 he qualified on shaft for the Monaco Grand Prix, albeit an accident toward the finish of Q3 had prompted a driveshaft disappointment on his Ferrari which became evident on his lap to the network. That implied it was the finish of Leclerc's day prior to the race had even started.

Leclerc has never arrived at the checkered banner at a Monaco Grand Prix since entering Formula 1 of every 2018, while he likewise left the two races in the Principality the earlier year en route to coming out on top for the Formula 2 championship.

The 2022 Monaco Grand Prix is presently moving toward quick, however before that, Championship pioneer Leclerc will hope to wrestle back some energy at the Spanish Grand Prix, Red Bull's Max Verstappen having recorded consecutive wins to cut Leclerc's lead at the highest point of the standings to 19 places.

Post a Comment

0 Comments