Esteban Ocon questioned his five-second time punishment for a perilous delivery during the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix, accusing a piece of pit hardware left in his way.
The stewards governed Lewis Hamilton "needed to make a hesitant move to forestall a crash" when Ocon's vehicle was delivered close by him after the pair pitted together on lap 19.
"I can't help contradicting the punishment there," Ocon told his race engineer Josh Peckett on the radio after the race. "It was the cylinder that made me go left, the cylinder from the group in front."
Ocon completed eleventh out and about however was consigned to fourteenth spot in the last arrangement because of his punishment.
"It's somewhat disappointing, without a doubt," he said after the race. "We're P11 and obviously with that hazardous delivery, five seconds, that harms our situation.
"However, I think what hurt that is actually the cylinder that was left very in the center, nearly at the fast track. I needed to press Lewis due to that tube that was hanging."
Ocon accepts "there would have been space for the two of us" had the cylinder not been there. He said he knew where Hamilton was as he pulled away from his pit box.
"I knew when I needed to stay away from the cylinder and afterward I saw he was there. It's tight obviously being that near another vehicle, that is clear is undependable."
Ocon was not given any punishment focuses on his permit for the occurrence "as the encroachment was brought about by the hazardous delivery by the group," the stewards noted.

0 Comments